Customer lists can be imported and exported in the “Customers” section of your admin.
In this article, we will cover:
Customers can be imported in a .csv file format. You can download a sample customer .csv here, or find it in the attachments section below.
Aside from the PodiumIO customer .csv format, the following customer .csv formats are also supported:
Below is an overview of each field in the PodiumIO .csv:
This is the customer number field. If this is your first time importing a specific customer into your account, leave it blank – one will be generated for you.
Email addresses are used for updating customers about their bookings.
The first name of your customer.
The last name of your customer.
The gender of your customer. Currently, the only available values are female, male, or unspecified.
The street address of your customer.
The second address line of your customer.
The apartment number, unit, or suite of your customer.
The city of your customer.
The province or state of your customer must be written out. For example, New York, as opposed to NY.
The country of your customer must be written out. For example, United States, as opposed to US.
The postal code or zip code of your customer.
The primary phone number of your customer must be entered along with the proper country code. For example, +1 (123) 456-7890, where +1 is the country code for Canada and the United States.
The mobile number of your customer. The mobile number must be entered along with the proper country code. For example, +1 (123) 456-7890, where +1 is the country code for Canada and the United States.
The timezone of your customer must be written out. For example, Eastern Standard Time, as opposed to EST
The preferred language of your customer. Communications made out to the customer will be in the language of choice. Currently, the only accepted values are English, French, or Unspecified.
Once you’ve prepared your .csv file:
1. Go to the “Customers” section of your admin. Under actions, click “Import Customers” in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Select or drop a file to import, and then click “Import now”.
3. You will be redirected to a page with your import history, where you will be able to see your new import, along with the status. It can take up to 30 minutes for the import to complete.
1. Go to the “Customers” section of your admin, and click “Export Customers” in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. Select the format you would like to export. You can choose from:
Google .csv format
Outlook .csv format
PodiumIO .csv format
3. Your export .csv will download automatically.